Fun, humour, weird alien sightings, tourism, fiction...lots to see in this week's issue of the h2g2 Post. (Send more photos, says the Editor, or you get History Filler.)
Author: Post Team
Published in 1992, this it is one of the most popular of Banks's books. It tells the story of two generations of the McHoan family, living in a small Scottish town by the sea.
We'd like you to tell us about your Ghosts of Christmas Past. Memories you'd like to share. Events that happened. Even a recipe or two, if you like.
And if your winter holiday memories involve other holidays, ones perhaps lacking in candy canes and guys in red suits? We're 100% here for them, too! Tell, show, take us there in our minds, help us learn.
December 2022 Create Challenge: Ghosts of Christmas Past
Newest Edited Entries
- 'The Crow Road' - a Novel by Iain Banks23rd January 2023
- 'Supergirl' - the Television Series21st January 2023
- The 'Flint' Film Series27th January 2023
- Fieldfares - Birds in the Thrush Family23rd January 2023
- 'Villette' - a Novel by Charlotte Bronte27th January 2023
- The Danube Floodplain Forests – Where Nature won the Fight10th January 2023
- Zorro: Swashbuckling Hero and Role Model10th January 2023
- The Waffle House Index, and How It Helps in a Storm13th January 2023
- Bring Your Own Popcorn and Watch an Exploitation Movie: Roger Corman's Swamp Women3rd January 2023
- Doctor Who Enemies: Weeping Angels27th January 2023
- A88063725 - Pareidolia and Facephenes - Faces, Faces Everywhere 11 Hours Ago
- A88063301 - Zombies - FAQs Yesterday
- A88063347 - Harold and Maude: From Flop to Cult Classic 3 Days Ago
- A88062852 - When Cadets Run Amok: The West Point Eggnog Riot of 1826 4 Days Ago
- A88062825 - At Night in the Department Store: 'Evening Primrose' and Its Variations 5 Days Ago
Sorry, this service is unavailable
"A collaborative guide, one that was written and kept up to date by the people who used it, in real time, might be a neat idea. I just didn't really realise that such a thing might be possible in my lifetime or how powerful such a thing might be."
A place to share knowledge and celebrate the things you love by writing about them
We have the first snowflake. Now let's build a blizzard
h2g2 founder Douglas Adams
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."